Welcome to Primary 2D Class Bulletin Blog. I am Mrs Riz, Form Teacher of Primary 2D. I started teaching lower primary in 2005 and I had been to many other schools conducting creative writing workshops and study camps years before I took up teaching professionally. I will be teaching your child English, Math, Music, Art, FTGP & PAL. My responsibility as an educator is not only to equip my students with knowledge but also to let them have the experience and develop true life skills and moral values. Every child is unique in his or her own way and he or she can be nurtured holistically. I believe given the right directions, our children can fully develop their potentials.


classblog visitors


January 2010
February 2010
April 2010
May 2010
August 2010

Class Decorations
Note to Parents and Pupils of 1D
Welcome Onboard Parents and Pupils of Pr 1D






Ahnaf, Jian Ming, Kah Shin, Catherine, Belle, Emily, Pei Fang, Cheyenne, Jiaxi, Yu Jie, Jerome, Joy, Jian Liang, Krystal, Lex, Ray, Shi Yu, Camillus, Md Lutfil, Nerice, Qi Ting, Nurin, Ryan, Styron, Hong Zhang, Alvin, Shu Shuang, Huixin, Zaph, Zen



Blogger
GettyImages
Photobucket
Haloscan



Elearning Portal










Names or Photos of our Star Pupils of the Month will be published here for recognition






::My pupils and their class roles::
Sunday, January 17, 2010

Earlier in week 2, I selected some of my pupils to take on some roles and responsibilities. These pupils are to assist me in managing the class and those choosen ones are to be good role models for their peers. I believe pupils can be nurtured and be taught about responsibilities so that they appreciate their capabilities and also encourage others to do the same. As such, i worked on a system where everyone would get a fair share of being a leader in class.


Of course, my 2 monitors, electrical managers, cleanliness managers will be selected on termly basis to give others opportunities to showcase their leadership abilities too.
By the way, congratulations to:
Zen and Joy for being selected as Term 1 Class Monitors.
Hong Zhang and Ahnaf - Term 1 Electrical Managers.
Qi Ting and Jerome - Term 1 Cleanliness Managers

For group leaders, i get my pupils to practise this leadership role on a daily basis in class. My pupils are grouped accordingly - Yellow Carebears, Blue Carebears, Green Carebears, Red Carebears and Brown Carebears. Every group will have a Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday leader and pupils in each group will take turns to be the leader.

It was great to see my pupils proudly putting on the leader badges and willing to take on their roles everyday. This also gives them the opportunities to care for their group mates, learn to respect and to listen to one another.


With groupings also come with some motivational challenges. I implemented Group Score Boards too where every group will learn to work together to maintain good discipline. As a daily reward, the best group will eventually collect the most number of apple points. This entitles the groups to work hard to try and achieve the Best Group of the Month.


Hopefully, being in a group will help them to understand that certain things require them to involve everyone in the group and they cannot afford to be selfish. Of course, what's more important is not about winning but more to what they have learnt from being together as a group. I hope with this, the class bond will be stronger and my pupils are more motivated to learn especially when the settings are non-threatening.
Presenting my pupils in their carebears groupings:

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket


Going to end this entry here. I will be posting up on activities that we did in class and I am pretty sure many parents are wondering what STELLAR is all about. Will discuss on this on my next entry, so stay tune!


An entry was written at 12:04 AM
|